Saturday, December 26, 2015

I Don't Know How I Did It


2015 is reaching its end.

Never thought that this year will be the time of my life where I focused really big on,

Career.

Ugh, career. One thing the 2010 me had always avoided from. Because the word relates closely near to adulthood. A stage of life even the 2012 me had always denied about. But what could I do, as I grew up the 2015 me finally gave in and worked a lot on, career.

But it turned out to be a fantastic year.

As I got my very first permanent job. In fashion retail industry. Shite, what a new experience no? Although still, my part was revolving around writing  but fashion? I must give credit to myself because I survived nine months for this main job.

"Main job". Oh yeah, I had side jobs too. "Jobs". As in two side jobs. As a web and social media administrator in film industry, and copy and Twitter writer in a music event. Fvck, more new experiences? I mean, film? Music? Those were all so not me.

But then I got to do all those three jobs, for learning. Lol kidding. Of course, for the sake of money making. I had this big BIG plan I had never done before, that really needed big BIG money so, I took the risks of taking those three jobs.

So, it seemed like I was forced to put off my real passion, eh?
Yes, "seemed like". But no, I will never abandon this part of me.

Traveling.

I kept on pursuing this one. Having my second baby the Cheating Hong Kong & Macau, publishing another article for MyTrip magazine, and of course, going on real trips to Harapan, Pahawang, and Krakatau - and it was all Indonesian trip, for God's sake I'm so proud!

But ultimately, of course,
When it comes to traveling,
In the year 2015, it's undoubtedly

My internship to Japan.


It happened all of a sudden. The vacancy was open in January, right when I was working on my second book while searching for a new job after doing my trip to Hong Kong and Macau. Then I got that job in fashion. Yet two weeks after, the manager from Japan interviewed me via Skype, and then boom, I got the internship.

Then I started to prepare everything like, everything, to get me safe and sound to Japan, while I was also doing my job. Then I realized I needed more money for this project so I took the film job. Then I discovered that I could still bare a little more responsibility for more money, so I took the music job. Then for three crazy months, I had to do three crazy so-not-me jobs, all for the crazy trip I had been dreaming about since I was like, three years old?

And I kept surprising myself even after arriving in Japan. Six weeks of non-stop exploration, four weeks of which were assigned with one mandatory article per day. Other interns failed in meeting the requirements but I, with my crazy obsessed freak trait, eventually produced 28 posts and saved myself by earning the promised money for completing the task.

I don't know how I did it.

This year generally, and that internship specifically, really taught me more than all the things I ever done in my life, combined. It opened my mind about my true strength in pursuing my dream. About how I can get whatever I want, with my own power. About my actual potential.

And I'm sure it's not even half of it.
There's more of me I need to unveil.
There's more skill, more opportunity,
More and more things I can benefit

That for the time being, I still
Don't know how to do

No comments:

Post a Comment