Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A Dilemmatic Fan

Imagine that you're a new fan of something awesome.

You began to love its actions. Its progresses. Its characters, its identities, its colors, its back stories and whatever related to it. You've then been to places they been to. Come to places they fought at. Just be present for them, to support them, for at least these past two years.

Imagine all those fanships you've been through.
And that "something awesome" left.

Daniel Ricciardo is Leaving for Renault.

Fudge, really... anyways, pic's from here.


No, the guy is not leaving F1.
But he's leaving the team I thought I'd cheer for quiet some time.

But to have my favorite driver leaving my favorite team, now it left me with two options: should I keep on Daniel's side, or should I stay being a Red Bull fan, cheering for Max and God knows who the other driver will be? Should I be a fanboy of a guy, or a supporter of a team?

Well I guess I'm the first type of fan.

Dang, it's such a shame, because I like Red Bull. A lot. I grew fond for the team. I bought the car replica when watching the Singapore Grand Prix. I bought the big banner when attending the Malaysia Grand Prix. I'm planning to buy a freaking not-at-all-cheap jersey when coming for Japan Grand Prix later this year, for it'd be so weird to be a part of the Honda-fans crowd while not wearing any Red Bull attributes!

Being on top-tier of the grid, but not necessarily on the highest of the rank, it's really fun to watch Red Bull. There were times when they had to lose, but more times when they won, so it was just so fun with the rollercoaster non-frustrating times! I've been to Singapore, Sepang, and will go to Suzuka for this team, and none of them failed me nor would later. Now that I have to learn how to love Renault, I don't know if I'd have the same euphoria.

Honestly, it's a no brainer consideration, really. I could just support anyone or any team, and still have fun watching F1 despite whoever wins. But still, it's much nicer when you're attached to something, no?

So yea I'm staying with Daniel.
But I guess it's no harm to still follow Red Bull's streak, eh?
Being a double agent or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment