Thursday, June 21, 2018

Mohamed Salah


I know.

I may not be the biggest fan.
I may not be the most loyal one either.

I may not always be in front of the screen to watch each and every single of his games, but, I've seen him since his very first day. I've followed his amazing growth with the team. I've been in the ups and downs of the club with him in it until finally, I realized I've grown love towards him.

Mohamed Salah

Pic's from here.

It's been a joy to have him in Liverpool. The team made some progress with the arrival of Klopp, but he completed everything. And God he was not only shining within the club, but throughout the league, the nation, the continent, the world, he stole everybody's attention! Scoring 32 goals alone in Premier League, effectively made himself to be the cup's top scorer, then winning awards after awards all in just one year after joining Liverpool, and not to mention his sun-bright achievements at international level for Egypt, well this paragraph summarizes why we love you, Mo!

And let's not forget that he is a Muslim. That alone makes me feel like we have additional bond, beyond just our Liverpool roles -he's the player, I'm the watcher, haha. I've always had respect to famous Muslim footballers, which usually got disappointed because not a few of them began to lose their Muslim identity thanks to the fame they got. But I don't think he'd do that, because unlike them who are mostly from the land of Europe, he's from the Arab world, and I'm sure he'll fight for his belief as he fights for his team. A true champion indeed.

And oh, speaking of champion, it makes me remembered something—wait, "something"? It's not just "something". It's actually the core reason why I'm writing this post for him, so why did I miss this!? Ah well okay let's get into it:

The Champions League.

Something Liverpool has been so in an extreme ups and downs for the recent years. But his arrival made it seem possible, and brought fresh air to the whole club. What he did in England, he did it in Europe. Second best goalscorer only one spot below Cristiano Ronaldo, that's NOT BAD at all! And I saw every—well, no, MOST of his games! Up til' the one against Porto, against City, against Roma...

For the last 8 years of being an on and off fan of Liverpool, I don't remember myself feeling so much hopeful and confident as I was on last year's Champions League. We made it to final, with him on squad, and battling title holder Real Madrid didn't seem really frightening at all.

I was so sure that it'd be the time I had been waiting for since I picked Liverpool as the club I'd love to cheer on. Those 10 goals he made in the league will be paid off, topped with sweet victory over the Spaniard giant, completed his brightness in England. Then with the World Cup just around the corner, his performance will be really anticipated, and extremely adored.

Such a scenario only to be seen in a dream ya?
Well it could've really been a dream come true,

If Sergio Ramos weren't ever born.

Or if he wasn't played during that devastating Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid. That low key bastard. I swear I never had a grudge so big towards somebody I don't personally know before. But this man deserves all the hatred from everybody. It's not a secret that the guy plays dirty all the time, but to do it to Salah, while he's on his prime career, the asshole picked just not the right time to be an asshole he usually is. Pathetic loser. I'm running out of ideas I don't know any other cunt-like names to refer him to, because I think I've used everything.

The moment it was all starting to crumble. Pic's from here.

The foul Ramos made on that match, that caused Salah's dislocated shoulder, it ruined it all. The dream Salah's been building for the last one year for Liverpool. The hope Liverpudlians have been slowly growing for this whole season. The ultimate wish to finally reach the highest podium on Europe by regaining the title we hadn't won for 13 years, yea it was all ruined by that one filthy move. But let's not be selfish. Some millions other people suffer greater loss from Salah's injury.

Yes, the Egyptians.

With Salah, they progressed beyond belief internationally. Earning a spot at World Cup 2018 marked their 3rd entrance to the tournament, while breaking their 28 years curse after their last appearance. I can't imagine how ecstatic the whole nation were, because even I was so excited when I found out that Egypt, a team I never seen in my life fighting in a World Cup, would grace the tournament with their superstar Mo Salah, a player we all adore.

But with Sergio Ramos, the dream was swept away in just a matter of minutes. Salah's injury remained serious, despite all the positive air published in media. He missed Egypt's opening game against Uruguay, a match where Salah was supposed to be starring with pride on his first ever World Cup campaign. They eventually lost, though it wasn't a big loss, but still, I couldn't imagine how it was like being an Egyptian...

Salah was finally included in the lineup against hosts Russia for their Group A Matchday Two. I swear the whole world was so psyched seeing him about to play again, as he was the sole headline and main topic of any media and any commentator. However, it's pretty clear that he was still suffering. The injury was real, and it was obvious to see it from how he played.

It was a nightmare to see the match. To see Egypt raided by Russia, whose supporters make them three times stronger, was not a nice thing to watch. To see Salah, who usually played like a hungry beast, was so spineless and fragile, was like seeing a helpless little kitten in the middle of a raging thunderstorm. And to see the Egyptian supporters, whom two months ago was still hopeful to go far in this World Cup, seeing their national dream crumbling before their own eyes, I swear Ramos,

I never had a grudge so big towards somebody I don't personally know before, never but YOU.

It was really heartbreaking.
For me, for us Liverpudlian,
For those hopeful Egyptians...

I REALLY WANNA HUG HIM AND LET HIM KNOW THAT HE STILL
GOT US SUPPORTING HIM!!! Pic's from here.

Oh, Egypt :(

Liverpool can still repeat their glory immediately next season, after this World Cup nightmare ends. But you guys, only God know when you can get to feel this blessing again. Well Salah's still 25, and he's got a promising future before him, and let's not be pessimistic about other potentials we may discover in upcoming years, given the fact that Salah must have really inspired so many talented Egyptian youngsters. But it's just so unfortunate that this big once-in-a-lifetime opportunity has to be gone so quickly, because a fucking ignorant bitch sabotaged your national hero.

His tears that night in Kiev wasn't only his. It was all ours too. Really heartbreaking, really dream-shattering. He really didn't deserve all these, but I think it's obvious as it happens everywhere... good people has lots of haters waiting to destroy them.

But as we all know from what our religion taught us,
Allah never gives obstacle beyond His creature's capabilities.

So dream on, Egypt.
And dream on, our hero,
Mohamed Salah

No comments:

Post a Comment