Thursday, June 28, 2018

End of Group F: Fvckest


Forget about the previous two posts,
Because I've found the craziest of all.

End of Group F

MEX vs SWE | GER vs KOR

Because F stands for "Fvckest". Pics from here and here.

Let me refresh you on what has been going on in this group for the last two matchdays. Mexico beat the crap out of the champ on their first game, while Sweden won against Korea. On the second matchday, Mexico reigned again, now over Korea, and Germany saved their ass through a dramatic last minute amazing goal by Toni Kroos, against Sweden. Current situation for the group was, Mexico first with 6pts, both Sweden and Germany have 3pts, and Korea, despite the 0pts, they still had a chance, a liiittle chance.

So these last games would be colossal, I knew, and so I tuned in again with two screens, hoping the best for I didn't know who, because I didn't even know how to predict!

Mexico was on the safest place, though it didn't necessarily mean that they went easy on Sweden. First half saw them attacking like beasts to ruin the Swedish walls -not balls HA HA funny? and Ochoa kept saving from the opponents' offense. On the other game, Korea, surprisingly, played no mercy on Germany. The champ too, dying to proceed, played crazy well. It was really entertaining and nerve-wrecking on both sides, both games, but no goals were made on the first half until finally,

Second half came.
And again, all the drama started from there on out.

It was from Mexico vs Sweden. But it wasn't Mexico. On minute 50, some guy named Augustinsson made Sweden screamed in joy as he scored the first goal of the group. At first I felt that it was okay, because Mexico would proceed anyway if they lost, until I heard the commentator saying that this could be dangerous for the green guys. Wait, why...?

Now here's what I miscalculated from Mexico. Several posts ago I said that Mexico was through to the round of 16, just because they won twice on their previous two games. Well apparently it was wrong, because Sweden and Germany both had 3pts. If both won respective games, with a number of goals made more than Mexico, then adios Maxicanos!

The moment Mexico began losing their grip. Pic's from here.

This was the point I began to start mumbling "fvck" a lot. I didn't realize such crucial analytics. And both games suddenly became totally unbearable for my panicky eyes to behold. Every chance made on German side would mean Mexico on the verge of going home. And Germany DID, attempt a lot on the second half. They kept attacking, and attacking, but goalkeeper Jo Hyeonwoo was too brilliant for them -and he instantly became one of the most adored GKs in this World Cup! 

Super entertained by how the Korean GK performed. Pic's from here.

But nightmare happened for the Mexicans.

Minute 60, a penalty was given to Sweden, of a handball. And IT WAS CONVERTED by Granqvist. Things got worse in minute 74, because Mexico suffered from an own goal. And these, were the times I constantly "fvck" the screens even more. Not because I'm stressed, nor because I'm upset, since none of them were my teams. BUT SIMPLY BECAUSE I COULDN'T JUST BELIEVE THIS WAS HAPPENING! Ten minutes before I thought Mexico would continue whatever the results would be but SEE NOW THE GOALKEEPER SO MUCH ADORED 4 YEARS AGO KEPT PICKING THE BALLS FROM HIS GOAL AND HIS TEAM WAS JUST SO CLOSE TO BE KICKED OUT!?

I felt really freaking sorry for Ochoa... pic's from here.

Towards the end of the match, I could see all the supporters of Mexico lost their focus on the game because they tried to get updates on the other one. Because if Germany win, as I said, Mexico would fly back home. But if Korea could make it a tie -which is what those Mexicans WOULD REALLY DIE to happen, then auf Wiedersehen, Germany!

But Germany were so freaking on fire I SWEAR EVERY SHOOTS THEY RELEASED TO KOREAN GOAL MADE ME SHIT MYSELF! They were unstoppable all the way until the freaking LAST MINUTES,

And it finally happened. A goal.
ON FREAKING MINUTE 90+3

From Korea.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I SWEAR THIS WAS THE POINT WHERE MY FUCKS AND FUCKERS, BECAME FUCKEST! LIKE, SERIOUSLY? AFTER ALL THOSE ATTACKS, IT WAS KOREA WHO WERE FINALLY ABLE TO SCORE A GOAL? AGAINST THAT MANUEL NEUER?? ON A FREAKING STOPPAGE TIME!?!?!? I snapped. I flipped. My emotions were mixed, I wasn't even sure what to feel!?


But wait.
It was an offside.

BUT WAIT, again. Because of course Korea wanted the referee to review it first with the VAR. So there went the referee to the screen, contemplated, and after a minute or two returned to the pitch and showed the gesture that

It wasn't an offside.

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK HOW COULD THIS DRAMA FEEL LIKE IT'S NEVER-ENDING!?!? I felt like I was running out of air. And those Koreans were head over heels. It looked like they just secured a spot in the semi-final round. Yes, they were THAT HAPPY, and if I were a Korean, though it didn't make any difference and after today I'd go back home anyway, I WOULD FOR THE WORLD FEEL THE SAME!

It was so difficult for Germany to get that second spot, because now they had to score two goals to replace either Mexico or Sweden. But nothing is impossible, I told myself -and I'm sure that's how the Germans told themselves. If Korea could snatch the odds, by scoring one goal against Manuel Neuer, why couldn't Germany, the champion of the world, made a comeback by scoring two before the final whistle blow?

By the time I created the scenario,
I swear I didn't make this up,
Miracle happened.

But for Korea.

BECAUSE THEY SCORED ANOTHER GOAL THROUGH HEUNGMIN SON! This time it was partly Neuer's blunder. He freaking went far to Korea's goal, and when the ball was snatched by and passed far to German's side, well, there you go. Korea's second goal, that effectively sent Germany even more fixed, back to their home.

Look at all these mixtures of emotions... I couldn't even describe mine...
Anyways, all pics belong to Zimbio okay, I'm tired to put it one by one.

This was probably the most entertaining double-games I ever watched. Sweden and Korea, both were underdogs, could win over Mexico and Germany, who are both giants? And the effect of the matches were fantastically weird too, as Mexico proceeded anyway despite the big loss, while Koreans went home super satisfied and proud despite kicked out of the tournament.

And oh! Talking about effects, and these two teams, Mexicans all over the world were in so much grateful of Koreans because as you knew, thanks to them, Mexico could proceed to the next round. The best thing happened just outside the Korean Embassy in Mexico. The fans were praising the Korean staff like a royalty! HAHA SO FREAKING FUNNY, AND IT HAPPENED ALL OVER THE WORLD! You might not want to miss this video.



And oh, wait! I found another one I'd really like to share. This is a minute-by-minute video of Mexican fans reaction over their games, and Korea vs Germany games.



LOL I'VE NEVER SEEN A BUNCH OF FANS LOOKING SO HAPPY OVER SOME OTHER TEAM'S GOALS! Those reactions are gems! And this is what World Cup should be all about, eh? Love for your nation, and love between nations!

PHEW, WHAT A NIGHT!

I don't think I have anything else to talk about. I've spilled everything up there, and now I'm emotionally drained. Because dude, I've transformed from a simple "fvck", to "fvcker", and ultimately, after all those crazy dramas over both matches, I became the "fvckest".

I'm done for now.
Anything happen after this,
I'm sure it won't be as crazy.
Because should I say it again?

This one is the fvckest!

No comments:

Post a Comment