Sunday, November 9, 2014

Classic Wish


Disney strikes again.

Don't you think it's enough for you, Disney, that you've been stealing my heart for 20 years or so, and keep doing it again and again, although you're starting to let go of your classical hand-drawn style? I've been trying to dislike you since Brave because you were getting more serious in doing hi-tech animation and stuff but... You kept blowing me away instead! Especially after yesterday I watched

Poster's from here.

You never changed. You kept delivering fantastic creations. I'm not talking about the overall animation because it's starting to not looking a lot like, Disney. What can I say, for me, you're losing your Disney touch in the animation. But then, I wasn't talking about that. It was more to the storyline, that I loved the most. The emotion you emerged, the moral you highlighted. And my old wish you brought back.

Back to my childhood era, I was so obsessed to have my own robotic friend. Like a maniac. I used to build it out of blocks, made it with papers, enriched it with special features like compartments to keep my small stuff, gave a little pocket to smudge paper made tools--I was a scientist!

Then you came up with Baymax. He talks to Hiro, comforts him, treats his wounds. But nothing that made me envy-er than the time when Baymax was upgraded to fighting form. Shit man, it was like the only reason I once ever thought about entering the natural science major in high school so that I can proceed to engineering school -thank God I didn't manage to do that for real.

But. It's not Baymax that I want to steal from Hiro.
If I have to say what made me jealous the most,

It's Tadashi.

Definitely not mine, got it from here.

For you who has no idea, I was born as a first son of three. Having two younger brothers is extremely fun, but, I've always been dying to have an older one. An asshole guardian elder brother that takes me for granted, uses and abuses me in a comical way, tells me to do his chores, get his stuff here and there--yes, it could be a pain in the ass but I would want one. I didn't exactly know when this feeling began, I just think I grew up with that wish.

Tadashi, for his whole appearance on the movie, couldn't make me stop thinking that he's the kind of big brother I've been dreaming for. Protective, wise, seem to know my needs and wants, even more than I do. And that's not all. He's also a bit rebel, knows how to act crazy with his little brother, wrestle and drive like a nut together.

As freaky as it may sound -and I'm pretty sure that yes, I might sound freak, I literally got jealous of Hiro. Felt like I wanted to get inside the movie, kick his smart-ass butt out of the screen and have Tadashi -and Baymax too!- all the way for my-damn-self.

Well.

I never realized how weird this obsession was,
Until Tadashi appeared like a big bro of my dream.

And Hiro.

He acted like I thought I would be if I have an elder brother.
Reckless, silly, behave as if I can do anything and don't need him.

But actually, deep inside
I look up to him

No comments:

Post a Comment