Saturday, January 19, 2019

Hola, Loca


No, I didn't get a job in Spain.
Well I kinda wish to have a job abroad, though.
But no, I didn't go to Spain to get a job there.

So I left Ogilvy. But you didn't think that I left my precious job with no offers waiting for me around the corner, right? I'm a man of plans, yes, but this time, no, I haven't got accepted anywhere by the time I left Ogilvy.

Es muy loca. Crazy.

For other human being's standard, it's bad.
For Vicky Amin's standard, it's crazy.

But it wasn't like I didn't have any plans at all. I was on an interview stage at some other company, big one, and by the time I left Ogilvy, it was down to my last round and then salary offer -lol yea of course I was still employed when I did the first two interviews. Was it really worth trying? To leave a job while the next one is not even confirmed yet? Well, yes and no.

Yes because it killed me inside.

No because, it was one of the best decisions I ever done. To have an indefinite free time, most of which was spent on one of my longest abroad trip -21 days in Spain and Morocco!- without having to worry much about submitting my annual leave and dragging my team down for my absence, and all that was done when I was on top of my burnout stage—that was a priceless experience.

Es muy loca. Crazy!

But the craziest thing happened just before I flew to Spain. That big company I had been interviewing with, offered me the role. With salary almost twice as much as I got in Ogilvy. I was like... I don't know. When the recruiter delivered the news, and the number, I didn't even think about negotiating because it was all beyond my expectation. And it's not just about the number.

It's the company itself, which I could relate a lot like, A LOT, because one, it's in the traveling industry.  TRAVELING! And two, it's a startup, which will definitely suit my flexible self. And the fact that now I'm no longer on the agency side, with all its typical corporate perks but covered in a youthful startup culture. And last but definitely not the least, it's the hugeness of the company. It's famous, it's popular, and I just can't state how much I'm excited to announce to everyone that now I'm a part of

Traveloka.


 

¡Es muy loca!

It's been a week now, and so far so good. Too good, if I can be honest, because everything is just so different in this part of the world. I don't want to spoil how much different -and how I'm so grateful of these differences- because hey, Ogilvy had its own goods and I used to make a living from them so of course I ain't gon talk bad of them.

Plus I don't want to jinx anything yet. It's obvious that new joiners will always feel like this new world they just stepped in is the most beautiful thing they ever experienced. Well because they don't know yet what's in it. So yea, no, no jinxing yet.

Let's just enjoy this new craziness first dulu.
And then see what kind of craziness it has...

Kemudian.

No comments:

Post a Comment