Friday, February 14, 2014

Stop Three: Laid Back


Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Planned: 4 days, 3 nights
Reality: 6 days, 5 nights

See the gap between the planned, and the reality? Yea I was kinda shocked by myself too. I mean, Saigon, oh Lord it's not much different compared to Jakarta but... I don't know, something kept me to lay a little more, a day or two, somehow longer than what I thought I'd be staying for.

It was like, I stayed a night. Then explored a bit on the next day. Then I decided to extend one more night. Then went on an exciting tour the next day. Then I convinced myself to stay one more night. That's what I been doing. And all my days, it was all like days of relaxation. I spent much energy in the previous two cities, and would spend some more on the next one so, it was a lay back time.

Just Saigon's street, at Ben Thanh roundabout
Notre Dame Cathedral
Cu Chi Tunnel
City Hall, looking so beautiful already by day
City Hall by night, and it was during Tet. I'm so lucky.

And the people, again, were top notch. Locals, tourists, and even Indonesian! Met a guy and a girl from home, met some cool friends who befriend a friend of mine, met tons of other backpackers with different stories and travel routes, met a bus mate going out of the country to complain together with, I was a social freak. Having this thirst to socialize.

I had one crazy big city adventure in here and I enjoyed it so, very much. But things wouldn't be the same if I didn't meet these guys so, thank you :)

Well I'm sorry I can't tell much about it.
I have plans of where to spill more things about Saigon.
And its I'm-not-sure-what-it-is magnet


No comments:

Post a Comment