Thursday, July 2, 2015

شكرا


Assalaamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
Please don’t be such a peeve, I’m in the state of divinity right now.

Salaam, brothers and sisters. It’s the second half of Ramadan, and I haven’t even written a word regarding this holy moment. So before things go further, let me be a saint and wish us all the happiest Ramadan Kareem throughout the month, and days forthcoming.

Actually I have nothing to say.

I mean, no topic I want to discuss with you –or in most cases, with myself– nor issues I want to mock, no. I came here clean, no negative vibes and such. Instead, like every other year, I’m here just to wonder about… How time did run so fast and now it’s the 15th day of Ramadan already. Plus how it flashed so quick, that last year’s Ramadan felt just like a blink.

It felt only like yesterday.

When I woke up every single dawn so easy for suhoor, giving the fact that I was still unemployed and I could sleep on until like 10. And my one year old fat cat was still a –fat– kitten, still got her three siblings around and ganged up meowing us like pains in the ass. And oh, of course, the memorable World Cup that had me super active in blogging –crazy sweet memory, I swear.

And each day I spent, was to look for vacancies, waiting for my book to be released, and worked my ass up to get editors’ attention. Those hard days were really over the top. Much of a stress, and pressure, I would do anything to NOT get back there.

But I enjoyed my vacant time. Wasting every single second with my family, figuring out what I really wanted to do in life, having the best –litter box cleaning– time of my life and for that, I would do anything to DO get back there.

Because my job now got me really busy. I’m actually living double—triple life with more than one jobs so, no wonder. Leaving weekend as my only time to have buka puasa bersama moment with my family. And my cats, they’re getting too handful. Shitting here and there, breeding here and there. Plus the fact that neither World Cup nor Premier League is on now…

Oh well what did I say!
Despite what I just mentioned,
Whatever happens, I’m so grateful.

Those are just minor obstacles that I’m facing. Compared to what I earned and what blessed me, I should’ve always been grateful. Beyond just grateful.

That now I have jobs, healthy cats,
Significantly growing career in travel writing
And most important of all—family I can have meals together with.

“Therefore, which is it
Of the favors of your Lord
That you deny?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment