Friday, June 15, 2018

Поехали! Here We Go!


Russia.

I bet that name is the most mentioned nation throughout this half year. And last year. And all the years back to the day when Russia received the honor, to be yet the next host of the world's biggest, most-celebrated sporting event.

Yea, the

World Cup 2018.

Pic's from here.

Damn. It's been 4 years already!? I remembered World Cup 2014 when I was all so vocal about football, acting like I know the sport more than anybody else haha. I re-read all those post as I needed to find some reference to start this one though, and got to say, it seems like I really enjoyed Brazil 2014. I'm surprised by how I could make such analysis match to match, from the very group stages all the way to the finals. And I must say, I envied my 4-year-ago self for having the euphoria and all the time to do that!

Honestly, if I can be frank, and of course I can be frank because this is my blog: I really didn't feel the euphoria of this one. Well I claimed the same shit on the last World Cup, but when I tracked back to 4 years ago, my very first post about the tournament, and my claim about oh this World Cup, I didn't feel it yet was posted right before the opening ceremony.

Look at this post now.

Kick-off were kicked off. Russia had opened the tournament with a big win 5-0 against newcomer Saudi Arabia -which most people joked they lost because they skipped celebrating Eid night and play the game instead. Several other games were played, and here I am with the very first post.

But I don't blame myself.

I was busy from all the works, I was still recovering from the emotional roller-coaster caused by the Champions League final, and I knew eventually I'd be on the track and follow all the things happening in Russia, even without me trying hard to do it.

Plus, I knew who to support. Unlike the clueless 10-year-old me, the imbecile 14-year-old me, and  the not-yet-mature-but-acting-like-a-mature 18-year-old me, the 26-year-old me is quiet firm about whose side I'll be cheering upon, thanks to the awesome 22-year-old me. It saved my time from all the warming-up, pointless deliberation posts leading up to the kick-off, so I got to write straight on the D-day instead--which is, this post.

So yea, I said it.
No warming up rambles,
No pointless deliberation talks,

I'm here to say I'm ready for
Yet another awesome World Cup!

Poyekhali, Rossiya!

No comments:

Post a Comment