Thursday, August 8, 2013

On a Blaze


Some people might knew that I like Hunger Games. Not the whole trilogy tho, since I haven't read the third book -but I'm a hundred percent sure anyway, that I'll love the whole trilogy, but THE Hunger Games itself.

You know, 24 tributes from 12 districts with different characteristics and skills, placed together in one extreme arena to kill one another and be the only winner.

On the second book, Catching Fire, the game is still on. It's much much more interesting and challenging than the previous year because, because, argh can I spoil it here? Sure why not? Because the tributes are the living winners from the previous Hunger Games.

Can you imagine it? 24 victors, 24 professional assassins, now face to face each other to win their second title. Their skills are explored by the others already, that makes it hard. But the worst part is, they've known each others for years because they share one mutual status: being a winner.

Gloss and Cashmere, brother and sister from District 1,
winner of two Hunger Games in a row.

Brutus and Enobaria, tributes of District 2. Among any other contestants who were mostly ruined
by joining the game for the second time, these two seemed to be fully ready and excited.

Beetee, wasn't powerful, but smart enough to create electric trap and won his Hunger Games.
Wiress, the female tribute, was brilliant/geeky enough to be able to win her game.

Finnick won his Hunger Games because of his ability to swim and use trident. Sharing same skills,
Mags won the earlier generation of Hunger Games and later on became Finnick's mentor.

Peeta the male protagonist from District 12 who y'all probably know, won the 74th Hunger Games.
Johanna from District 7 won her Hunger Games by pretending to be a spineless little girl.

The heroine, Katniss Everdeen.

This is crazy. Suzanne Collins is crazy. I read the book once, a year ago. I got psyched and all excited like a fool reading that, and four days ago, I re-read the book and man! I still feel the same exact pressure I felt from the first experience!

And this one, yaa, more or less contains similar thoughts.

But I don't care.

This means that now I adore Ms Collins twice than before! And perhaps, after I finish reading the third book, I'll love her thrice than before! I can't believe myself I didn't write a bigger euphoria after my first reading. This book is too damn amazing she should be awarded as Goddess of Tragedy!

Man it drives me crazy. It was because the movie trailer I watched last week, that ignited me to re-read Catching Fire and re-live everything all, over, again.

Damn I can't wait for the movie.
I'm flaming in some kind of an impatience.
I'm hungry, geeky hungry


Image source: Google
I can't remember which site, I was too excited.
The point is, those pictures aren't all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment